Here are the answers to some of my most frequently asked questions. If the information you’re looking for isn’t here please feel free to contact me.
How much will it cost?
- I’ll give you a “per recorded minute” rate which is calculated depending upon the number of speakers in the recording, your preferred transcription style, the required turnaround time and any additional requirements.
- Your transcription will be charged to the second – I never round up minutes!
- An hour of one-speaker audio takes approx. four hours to transcribe and my rates start from $126 per audio hour + GST.
- You can read more about my rates here.
What does the service include?
My service includes transcription of all audio within the recording, plus a second listen-through to ensure it’s word-perfect. I’ll also do basic research of names, places and terminology to ensure little or no editing is required.
Depending on your requirements, it can also include time codes and, in the case of video, transcription of visual information.
How do I choose the level of detail I need?
I offer a variety of transcription styles, simply choose which you prefer and let me know when you upload your files.
What file types do you accept?
I can accept your audio or video file in any format, although mp3/mp4 will be quicker for you to upload, so I’d recommend using those. You can find free audio and video file converters here.
How do I send you my files?
- The easiest way is by clicking here and uploading to my Hightail folder. Alternatively, if you’re a Dropbox user simply share your folder with me or, of course, you’re free to use any another file-sharing application if you prefer.
- If you have a number of large video files to send, it may be easier for you to send them via registered post on a USB or CD. In addition, I can accept mini, micro and C90 audio cassettes also via registered post.
How long does it take to receive my transcript?
To keep things simple I offer two turnaround options, depending on how quickly you require your transcript and your budget: regular (5 business days) or priority (2 business days).
What about confidentiality?
- All information is treated carefully to ensure it remains secure. I have a small, hand-picked team of transcribers who have all signed confidentiality agreements. I am, of course, also happy to side non-disclosure or other confidentiality agreements if you wish.
- Your audio and video files are deleted upon completion of your transcript. I keep a your transcript for a period of six months (in case you need another copy), following which it will be deleted.
You can read full Privacy info here.
How do I pay?
Once your files are received and processed I’ll send you an invoice via email. You can then make payment by either bank transfer or credit card. If you’re based outside Australia or the UK, you’ll need to use PayPal.
Note government organisations will be invoiced on 30 day terms.
If you have a large project or ongoing transcription requirements you can bulk purchase minutes in advance and will receive a 5% discount. You can read details about that here.
How will I receive my transcript?
Your transcript will be sent to you as a Word attachment usually via email, although if your transcript is extremely sensitive I will send it via Hightail or Sharefile.
Alternatively, I can upload the completed transcripts to your Dropbox folder if you prefer.
Do you do copy typing or resumes?
I specialise in audio and video transcription services and no longer offer a copy typing service. I can recommend Admin Angels for this.