Your Australian-based, English-born transcriptionist
That’s right… I’m a native Brit. I moved to Western Australia in 2005 with my family and we’ve been loving it here ever since.
With more than 20 years’ secretarial and administrative experience to my name, I established Bridie’s Typing Services in 2003 and haven’t looked back. As a transcriptionist and typist, I transcribe tens of thousands of audio minutes each year and work with clients around the world who depend on fast, accurate and affordable turnaround and I’m incredibly proud to say I’ve never missed a deadline!
I’m also very particular about the quality, accuracy and attention to detail of the work I produce. These are critical qualities which should never be under-estimated! That’s why I perform at least 90% of all transcription work myself, supported by a select hand-picked team of transcriptionists based in Australia who speak English as their first language. I also personally ensure every project is double-checked for accuracy before it’s returned to you.
Training and Qualifications
- BTEC HNC in Business & Finance
- NVQ Level III in Business Administration
- City & Guilds ILEX Certificate II for Legal Secretaries
- CLAIT (Computer Literacy and Information Technology)
- Several RSA qualifications including typewriting and audio typing
Need a quote? Contact me today.
Let’s Get Acquainted!
Chances are we won’t be able to meet over a cup of coffee, but let me share a little about myself and see if we don’t have at least one thing in common.
Things I like:
- Doctor Who – I’m a life-long fan and my favourite Doctor is Christopher Eccleston.
- Minis – I had one as my first car, it was Mr Bean Green, and I’d love an original red Mini Cooper one day.
- Cricket – I started watching when we moved to Oz, which is why I support the Australian team.
- Red wine – luckily we live close to the Margaret River wine region so there’s an endless supply!
- Greyhounds – I’ve adopted two ex-racers.
- Mexican food – my husband makes the best fajitas.
- Twitter – it’s fab for catching up with the latest news from my network.
- Sydney Harbour – I never get bored of that view.
- Johnny Depp – I don’t need to explain, surely?
- The colour purple – I even owned a purple car once!
Things I don’t like:
- Huntsman spiders – trust me, they’re huge!
- Snakes – yes, we get those too…
- Bigheads – especially anyone who refers to themselves as a guru.
- Lamb – which is one of the reasons I don’t live in New Zealand.
If you’re looking for a professional transcriptionist who values quality, confidentiality and meticulous attention to detail, I’d love to hear from you.